Shipping labels can be produced at the time a shipment is created, or later. Shipping labels are stored in PDF format and are downloaded to your computer.
- Step 1: Administrator submits shipping label request
- The store Administrator completes the information necessary to generate labels, and submits the request.
- Step 2: Request sent to carrier
- Magento contacts the shipping carrier, and creates an order in the carrier’s system. A separate order is created for each package that is shipped.
- Step 3: Carrier sends label and tracking number
- The carrier sends the shipping label and tracking number for the shipment.
A single shipment with multiple packages receives multiple shipping labels.
If you generate the same shipping labels multiple times, the original tracking numbers are preserved.
For returned products with RMA numbers, the old tracking numbers are replaced with new ones.
- Step 4: Administrator downloads and prints the label
- After the shipping label is generated, the new shipment is saved and the label can be printed. If the shipping label cannot be created due to problems with the connection or any other reason, the shipment is not created. Depending on your browser settings, the PDF file can be opened and printed. Each label appears on a separate page in the PDF.