The following settings must be made at the product level, as well as in the configuration of each carrier that is used to print labels. To print labels, all carriers require that you open an account. Then, complete the configuration in your store for each carrier that you plan to use.
Step 1: Verify the country of manufacture
The country of manufacture is required for all products that are shipped internationally by USPS and FedEx, If you have many products that need to be updated, you can either import the updates, or use the Inventory grid to update multiple records.
On the Admin sidebar, go to Catalog > Products.
Update the shipping label record using one of the following methods.
Method 1: Update a single record
In the grid, find the product to be updated, and open in edit mode.
In the Advanced Settings section in the left panel, choose Autosettings.
Update the Country of Manufacture as needed.
Country of Manufacture
Method 2: Update multiple records
In the grid, select the checkbox of each product to be updated.
For example, all products that are manufactured in China.
Set the Actions control to
Update Attributesand click Submit.
In the Update Attributes form, find the Country of Manufacture field and select the Change checkbox. Then, choose the country.
Step 2 Verify the store information
On the Admin sidebar, go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
In the left panel, expand Sales and choose Shipping Settings.
Expand the Origin section, and verify that the following fields are complete:
- Street Address – The street address of the place from which shipments are sent. For example, the location of your company or warehouse. This field is required for shipping labels.
- Street Address Line 2 – Any additional address information, such as the floor, entrance and so on. We strongly recommend that you use this field.
In the Sales section in the left panel, choose Delivery Methods.
Expand the USPS section, and verify that the following fields are complete:
- Secure Gateway URL – Magento automatically enters the gateway URL.
- Password – The password is provided by USPS and gives you access to their system through Web Services.
- Length, Width, Height, Girth – The default dimensions of the package. To make these fields appear, set Size to
Expand the FedEx section and verify that the following fields are complete:
- Meter Number
This information is provided by the carrier, and is required to gain access to their system through Web Services.
In the left panel, expand General and choose General underneath.
Expand the Store Information section and verify that the following fields are complete:
- Store Name – The name of the store or store view.
- Store Contact Telephone – The telephone number of the primary contact for the store or store view.
- Country – The country where your store is based.
- VAT Number – If applicable the Value Added Tax number of your store. (Not required for stores based in the U.S.)
- Store Contact Address – The street address of the primary contact for the store or store view.
If you have multiple stores and the contact information differs from the default, set Store View for each and verify that the information is complete.
If the information is missing, an error will appear when you try to print the labels.
Click Save Config.
|USPS||Requires a USPS account. As of February 23, 2018, USPS requires all shipping labels to include postage.|
|UPS||Requires a UPS account. Shipping labels are available only for shipments that originate in the U.S. Specific credentials are required for stores outside the US.|
|FedEx||Requires a FedEx account. For stores outside of the U.S., shipping labels are supported for international shipments only. FedEx does not allow domestic shipments that originate outside of the U.S|
|DHL||Requires a DHL account. Shipping labels are supported only for shipments that originate in the U.S.|