A notification is sent to the store contact or another designated Admin user if the payment method that is chosen during checkout fails to complete the transaction.
Step 1: Update the Email Templates
Step 2: Configure the Payment Failed Emails
On the Admin sidebar, click Stores.
In the Settings section, choose Configuration.
In the Sales section in the left panel, choose Checkout.
Expand the Payment Failed Emails section. Then, do the following:
- Set Payment Failed Email Sender to the store contact that appears as the sender of the message.
- Set Payment Failed Email Receiver to the store contact that is to receive notification of failed email transmissions.
- Set Payment Failed Template to the template that is used for the email that is sent when the payment method fails during checkout.
In the Send Payment Failed Email Copy To field, enter the email address of anyone who is to receive a copy of the payment failed notification.
If sending a copy to multiple recipients, separate each address with a comma.
Send Payment Failed Copy Method to one of the following:
- Bcc – Sends a “blind courtesy copy” by including the recipient in the header of the same email that is sent to the customer. The BCC recipient is not visible to the customer.
- Separate Email – Sends the copy as a separate email.
Click Save Config.