When deciding to use Product Recommendations or Product Relationships, such as Up-sells and Cross-sells, you need to determine what level of control your business requires. For example, when you configure an Up-sell or Cross-sell, you specify which products and in what order those products are promoted to your shoppers. Whereas, Product Recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei uses machine-learning algorithms to recommend products to your shoppers.
Benefits of product relationships
Product relationships allow you to:
- Promote specific products to the shopper
- Control the order the products are promoted to the shopper
- Create rules to target the selection of products that are promoted to customers as up-sells and cross-sells
Benefits of Product Recommendations
Product Recommendations allow you to:
- Choose from nine distinct intelligent recommendation types based on the following areas: shopper-based, item-based, popularity-based, trending, and similarity-based
- Use behavioral data to personalize recommendations throughout the shopper’s storefront journey
- Measure key metrics relevant to each recommendation to help you understand the impact of your recommendations
Best of both worlds
Given the ever-changing complexities of online shopping, what works best for your storefront is often a combination of multiple key technologies. Using both Product Recommendations and Product Relationships, gives you more flexibility when it comes to promoting products. You can leverage Product Recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei to intelligently automate your recommendations at scale. Then, you can leverage Related product rules when you need to manually intervene and ensure a specific recommendation is being made to a target shopper segment, or when certain business goals need to be met.
Related product rules and Product Recommendations are available for Adobe Commerce only.