Any filterable product attribute can be used as a facet. The Add facets panel lists the current facets and makes it easy to assign additional product attributes as facets. During this three-step process, an attribute is chosen to be used as a facet, properties are edited if needed, and the changes published to the storefront.
Step 1: Add a facet
- In the Admin, go to Marketing > SEO & Search > Live Search.
- On the Faceting tab, click Add facets.
In the Add facets list, each available attribute has a separate Add button. Do one of the following:
Add Facet list
- In the Faceting attributes list, choose the product attribute that you want to use as a facet and click Add.
To find a specific product attribute, enter the first few characters of the attribute name in the Search box. Then, click Add.
The facet is added to the bottom of the Dynamic Facets list and the Publish changes button becomes available.
If the facet you want to add can’t be found, go to Stores > Attributes > Product and verify that the attribute has the required properties to be used as a facet. If necessary, update the following storefront properties of the attribute:
- Use in Search -
- Use in Search Results Layered Navigation -
- Use in Layered Navigation -
Filterable (with results)
- Use in Search -
When prompted, refresh the cache.
The facet becomes available in the storefront the next time the catalog is synchronized with Live Search. If the facet isn’t available after two hours, see Synchronize catalog data in the developer documentation.
Step 2: Edit facet properties (Optional)
- To edit the facet properties, click More () options in the far-right column.
On the menu, click Edit. Then, adjust the following properties as needed.
- Label - (Headless only) Enter the facet label that you want to use.
- Select type - The Select type used for all Commerce storefronts is
single select. For headless implementations,
multi-selecttype can be assigned with a logical operator (
and) to determine the set of products returned.
- Sort type - Facets are sorted alphabetically for all Commerce storefronts. For headless implementations, facets can be sorted either alphabetically or by count. Options: Alphabetical, Count (headless only)
- Max Value - Enter the maximum number of facet values displayed in the storefront. Valid entries: 0 - 10
When complete, click Save.
- To pin the facet to the top of the Filters list, click the gray pushpin ().
- To change the order of the pinned facet, click the Move () icon and drag the row to a new position in the Pinned Facets section.
Step 3: Publish changes
- When the facet is complete, click Publish changes.
Wait for the facet to appear in the store.
If the facet isn’t available after two hours, see Verify catalog sync in the developer documentation.
|Label||(Headless only) The facet label that is visible to the shopper can be edited for consistency with your brand.|
|Select type||Displays the selection method that is associated with the product attribute. All facets in the Commerce storefronts are
|Sort Type||The method that is used to sort facets. All Commerce storefronts sort facets alphabetically only. Headless implementations can also sort by
Alphabetical - Sorts facets alphabetically.
Count - (Headless only) Sorts facets based on the number of matches found.
|Max Value||The maximum number of values that can be displayed in the storefront for each facet. Facets that represent a range of values are evenly distributed. Default: 8|
|Pins or unpins a facet to the top of the Filters list.|
|Displays a menu of more actions that can be applied to the selected facet. Options: Edit, Delete|
|Use the Move icon to drag a pinned facet to another place in the Pinned facets section.|