The term content marketing refers to the art of promoting your products or services by providing valuable information to your customers at no charge. The quality of your content helps distinguish your store from others, increases your visibility to search engines, and provides support to your customers. This soft-sell approach is often more effective than advertising, builds credibility and trust, and can turn your store into a destination. Content is still king.
Your content should reflect the branding of your store, and be delivered with your distinctive visual presentation and voice to convey your message. Use pictures to tell a story. Educate, inspire, and entertain. Keep in mind that with quality content, sometimes less is more.
When the new Media Gallery is enabled, the Media section appears with a single option to access the Media Gallery. You can set the Enable Old Media Gallery option to
No by going to Stores > Settings > Configuration and choosing Advanced > System in the left panel.
Display the Content menu
On the Admin sidebar, choose Content.
- Create pages with text, images, blocks, variables, and widgets, that can be incorporated into the navigation of your store and can be linked to other pages.
- Organize your pages into a hierarchy with navigation.
- Create blocks of content without writing any code. Blocks can contain text, images, and even video, and can be assigned to any part of the page layout.
- Create dynamic blocks to incorporate rich, interactive content that is driven by logic from price rules and customer segments.
- Create widgets to display dynamic data and add blocks, links, and interactive elements most anywhere in your store.
- Create templates from your Page Builder content to save time and effort when creating new content (or replacing older content).
The Banners option in this menu was deprecated in 2.3.1 and is now removed. Its functionality is replaced by Dynamic Blocks.
Manage the visual presentation of your store:
Set the Design configuration to maintain different settings for each website, store, and view in your Magento installation.
Use themes, which are collections of layout files, template files, translation files, and skins, to determine the visual presentation of your store.
Use the schedule to plan theme changes in advance for a season or promotion.
Content Staging gives your business team the ability to easily create, preview, and schedule a wide range of content updates directly from the Admin of your store.