Getting Started with Magento BI
Magento BI is a cloud-based data management and analytics platform. Magento BI provides you with the ability to easily consolidate and manage your data sources, model your data, create charts and reports, and maintain a single source of truth.
Activating your Magento BI Account
When you activate your Magento BI account, you are connecting your Magento database to Magento BI and immediately getting access to five dashboards with approximately 100 reports. These reports are designed to provide insights around your data and answer questions like: “How are my orders growing month-over-month? Who are my most loyal customers? Is my coupon strategy working?”
As a Magento Commerce customer, you are entitled to a Magento BI Essentials account at no additional cost:
- If you are a Magento Commerce Cloud Pro subscriber, reach out to your Customer Success Manager to get set up with your entitled Magento BI Essentials account.
- If you are a Magento Commerce Cloud Starter subscriber, click here.
- If you are a Magento Commerce On-Premise subscriber, click here.
If you do not have an active MBI subscription and you are a part of the Magento Community, you can sign up for your paid MBI Essentials account here.
Click here to learn about the differences between Magento BI Essentials and Pro.
How to Get Help
Click here to learn about the customer support services available to Magento BI subscribers.
How to Use this Guide
This guide contains the following sections that are organized based on what role you might have within your organization.
- Data User — You use data to help make business decisions. You might receive reports and dashboards from a data analyst on your team, but you also want to learn how to create those reports and dashboards.
- Data Analyst — You are comfortable designing queries and being the go-to person for data analysis. You know how to find specific answers to data questions and want to facilitate a self-service experience for your colleagues.
- Administrator — You manage the Magento BI account including licensing, adding and removing users, and handling essential administrative tasks.
In addition to the above role-based workflows, this guide also contains:
- Best Practices — Magento BI is a robust and flexible platform which means there are many different ways to perform similar tasks. This section pulls together Magento’s recommended methods for capturing, analyzing, and viewing your data.
- Tutorials — Follow these self-guided tutorials to learn the power of Magento BI.