Connecting your Desk.com data allows you to consolidate your help desk reporting in Magento BI. This allows you to optimize customer support, and monitor help desk performance alongside your revenue.
Connecting your Desk.com data to Magento BI is a simple three step process:
- Add Magento BI as an app in your Desk.com account
- Enter your Site Prefix, Key, and Secret into Magento BI
- Enter your Token and Token Secret into Magento BI
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows/tabs - one for Magento BI and the other for your Desk.com account.
Important! All labels applied to cases are included in the data imported into Magento BI. If you are using Labels in Rules, we recommend setting the label’s rule action to “Append” rather than “Set”. This will ensure that we capture all labels applied over time. This can be changed by visiting https://YOURDOMAIN.desk.com/admin/case-management/rules, replacing “YOURDOMAIN” in the link with your Desk.com URL, searching for the particular label, and click into the rule to adjust this rule action from ‘Set’ to ‘Append’.
- The first step is to navigate to the Desk.com credentials page. To do so, click the Manage Data option in your sidebar, then click Connections.
- Click the Add a Data Source button.
- Click the Salesforce Desk.com icon.
Adding Magento BI as an app in your Desk.com account
- In the other browser window, login to your Desk.com account and navigate to the Admin panel. The link is located in the menu in the upper left section of the Agent interface.
- In the Admin panel, click the Settings option in the menu at the top of the window.
When the Settings page displays, click the API option in the menu that appears on the left side of the window.
Here’s a look at steps 1-3:
Click +Add API Application.
This opens the window where the initial parameters for the API application are set.
Copy and paste the following information into the respective fields:
Name: Magento BI Website URL: http://www.rjmetrics.com Callback URL: http://www.rjmetrics.com Support URL: http://support.magento.com
When finished, click Add.
Entering your Desk.com site prefix, Key, and Secret into Magento BI
After the URL parameters have been successfully submitted, a screen displays the the parameters, along with the Key and Secret:
Copy and paste the Key and Secret into their respective fields on the Desk.com credentials page in Magento BI.
Enter your Desk.com site prefix into the Site Name field.
If Magento had a Desk.com site, for example, the site prefix would be magento, making the address http://magento.desk.com.
Entering your Token and Token Secret into Magento BI
To complete the setup, you need to enter your access tokens into Magento BI.
In the Desk.com window, click the Your Access Token link on the right side of the API application page.
This displays a window containing your Token and Token Secret:
Copy the Token and Token Secret into their respective fields on the Desk.com credentials page in Magento BI.
When finished, click Save & Connect.
That’s it! If the connection is successful, the credentials page displays a Connected to Desk.com successfully! message at the top.