Business Review Guidelines
Business Review ensures that each extension solves a business problem and delivers rich and unique functionality.
Utility: Provide distinct functionality
- Extension addresses a business need by solving an issue or enhancing existing functionality.
- Any extension that does not serve a useful purpose will be rejected.
Relevancy: Solve a common problem
- Create an extension that addresses a specific business case or solves a common problem faced by Magento merchants.
- Take a survey to see what extensions are already available on Magento Marketplace.
- Differentiate your extension from other solutions. Be innovative, and do not copy ideas from other developers.
Appeal: Generate broad interest with sustained drawing power
- Create an extension that has broad appeal.
- Your extension might be rejected if it appeals to only a small number of merchants.
Promotion: Establish yourself as a strong partner
- Be your own cheerleader.
- Create case studies that show the traction you have with merchants, and tell success stories of merchants who use your extension.
- Establish yourself as a strong partner. Work closely with the Marketplace team to help us highlight your work.
- If there is an apparent lack of interest in your extension, we will review any issues with you. If after a period of time the level of interest does not improve, the extension might be removed from Magento Marketplace.
A quick rating takes only 3 clicks. Add a comment to help us improve Magento even more.