Onboarding: Fulfilled By
Step 2 Options for Listing Settings
If you are managing a store that is in "Active" or "Inactive" status, see Fulfilled By.
"Fulfilled by" settings define who fulfills (or ships) orders. If all of your orders are fulfilled using one method, select between merchant (you) or Amazon. If you plan on fulfilling orders from your locations and using Amazon, we recommend using the third option and configuring a Magento product attribute.
- Fulfilled by Merchant: Select this option when you, the merchant, will fulfill all orders. When an order is placed, inventory will be deducted from your Magento catalog.
- Fulfilled by Amazon: Select this option if Amazon will fulfill all orders. When selected, product inventory is not deducted from your Magento catalog when an order is placed. Inventory stock for Amazon fulfilled orders is stored and deducted from their warehouses. Before assigning this option, you must verify in your Amazon Seller Central account that your products are eligible for FBA fulfillment. FBA inventory is directly managed through your Amazon Seller Central Account. With this fulfillment method, Amazon Sales Channel does not share quantity updates between Magento and Amazon. Therefore, not all of the marketing tools described in the Quantity Settings will be available to you in Amazon Sales Channel.
- Assign Fulfilled By Using Magento Product Attribute: If your products may be fulfilled by you and Amazon, you may want to create a Magento product attribute with values for Fulfilled By Merchant and Fulfilled by Amazon. Setting this value per product indicates who fulfills the orders.
The fulfillment method is a regional attribute, and based on the Amazon Marketplace option selected during store integration. When a change is made, the change will affect all Amazon listings that share that Amazon Seller SKU in your Amazon stores that sell in the same region (as defined during the store's integration). This means that a change to a shared Amazon Seller SKU in the North America region will not affect your Amazon stores with a region set for a different region (as defined during the store's integration).
These settings are part of your store's Listing Settings. Update these configurations during onboarding through the Listing Settings step.
To configure Stock / Quantity settings:
Expand Fulfilled By.
For the Product Fulfilled By, select who fulfills (ships) the order:
- Fulfilled by Merchant: Merchant fulfills order.
- Fulfilled by Amazon: Amazon warehouse fulfills order.
- Assign Fulfilled By Using Magento Product Attribute: A Magento attribute indicates who fulfills the order per product. If selected, then select the Magento attribute for Fulfilled by Attribute.
When complete, continue to the Catalog Search section.