If your store has multiple views in different languages, and you have set the locale for each view to a different language, the result is a partially translated site. The next step is to create a translated version of each page that is available from the specific store view. The Store View column of the Manage Pages list shows each view that has a translated version of the page.
To translate a content page, you must create a new page that has the same URL Key as the original, but is assigned to the specific store view. Then, update the page for the specific view with the translated text. The following example shows how to create a translated version of the “About Us” page for the Spanish store view.
To create a translated page for a view
On the Admin sidebar, go to Content > Elements > Pages.
In the grid, find the page to be translated, and open in edit mode.
Copy the URL Key to the clipboard. Then, press the Back button to return to the Pages grid.
Click Add New Page. Then, do the following:
- Enter the translated Page Title.
- Paste the URL Key that you copied from the original page.
- In the Store View box, choose the store view where the page is to be available.
- In the panel on the left, choose Content. Then, complete the translated text for the page.
- On the Design tab, set the column Layout of the page.
- On the Meta Data tab, enter the translated text for the Keywords and Description.
When complete, click Save Page. Then when prompted, refresh any invalid caches.
To verify the translation, go to the storefront and use the language chooser to change the store view.