Vertex is a cloud-based solution that automates your sales and use tax compliance, and generates a signature-ready PDF for your monthly returns. To get started, you need a Vertex account, then complete configuration settings.
The integration includes tax configuration for your stores, overrides per country, and performance enhancing options.
|Automate Tax Calculations & Returns
Vertex saves time, reduces risk, and helps you file your tax returns on time.
|Sales & Use Tax
Vertex Cloud calculates sales tax in the shopping cart based on the tax profile of each product that is purchased, and the jurisdiction.
|Manage Exception Certificates
Vertex makes it easy to manage customers by jurisdiction who have non-standard tax requirements.
Vertex Cloud automatically regenerates signature-ready PDF returns and sends a message when the returns are available.
Changes In the Latest Release
New Features—Updated configuration options:
- New Use Vertex Tax Links configuration option. Required to enable and configure Vertex. This option increases integration performance.
- Integration URLs automatically update to use new service links. The Vertex Calculation API URL connects to
CalculateTax70, and Vertex Address Validation API URL links to
- Renamed Shipping Product Codes to Vertex Shipping Product Codes. These features display products for each shipping type enabled. Map your shipping types to Vertex in this section.
- New Delivery Terms options for configuring global and overrides per country for shipping terms. These options provide support to EU VAT.
New Vertex Logging configuration options for rotating logs. Set the frequency, actions, and exact timing for the rotation. Logs export to a CSV file.
Automatic API disabling—If you update your product prices in the Magento catalog to include tax, this can significantly degrade Magento performance. Vertex automatically disables if Display prices in Catalog is set to Including Tax. You must set this value to Excluding Tax to re-enable Vertex.
- New Cache Option—When clearing caches using Cache Management, Vertex has a cache option included. This option improves performance during the checkout process.