If you are managing a store that is in “In Setup” status, see Onboarding: Listing Rules.
Listing rules are initially defined during onboarding, but can be modified at any time after your store setup is complete. You can access the listing rules for an Active or Inactive store in the store’s dashboard. In the I Want To… section, click Listing Rules.
Listing Rules define the rules to determine which products Amazon Sales Channel will publish to your Amazon Marketplace. These rules provide many options to create simple to complex rules to include or exclude products as listings. Each rule consists of conditions that set the requirements for product listing eligibility.
Your listing rules are continually synchronized with your Magento catalog. When you add new Magento products that meet eligibility requirements set by your listing rules, the products will automatically process for listing on Amazon.
- If you want all of your products to be published to an Amazon listing, do not define any conditions for your listing rules.
- If you want to limit which of your catalog products that will be published to an Amazon listing, you will define your listing rule conditions in this step of onboarding. Defining the conditions for your Amazon listing rules follow the same logic and process as defining the conditions for Cart Price Rules in Magento.
- If your listing rules exclude a product, the eligibility status for that product changes to Ineligible. Ineligible products will not be published to Amazon.
- If an ineligible product is already listed on Amazon and you match the Amazon listing to your Magento catalog product, the quantity for the Amazon listing will change to 0 to prevent sales of the product. Amazon listings can be manually removed when managing listings.
Changes to quantity and eligibility status impact all listings that share the Amazon Seller SKU in marketplaces which exist for stores selling in the same region (as defined in the Amazon Marketplace field during Store Integration) will also be impacted. However, a change to a shared Amazon Seller SKU in one region will not affect the product’s Amazon listings in a different region (as defined during Store Integration).
To configure Listing Rules settings:
Click Listing Rules.
- For Website, select an option.
The options in this drop-down are dependent on the websites you have set up in your Magento configuration. Select the website to represent which website to have eligible products listed on Amazon. Only one website can be selected, as each website requires a unique Amazon store created in Amazon Sales Channel.
- Define your desired conditions for the eligibility of products to be listed on Amazon.
|Websites||The options in this drop-down are dependent on the websites you have set up in your Magento configuration. Select the website to represent which website to have eligible products listed on Amazon. Only one website can be selected, as each website requires a unique Amazon store created in Amazon Sales Channel.|
|Conditions||Used to define the Magento attributes for product eligibility within your Amazon region. See Example: Define a Condition.|
Any areas in the conditions that are bold can be clicked to see the various options.
- Don’t add conditions if all products within the selected website(s) are eligible.
- There is a complex set of back-end processes to communicate with Amazon’s systems directly. Based on the number of items you are attempting to list, and how busy Amazon’s systems might be (for example, Black Friday can be a slow time to list new products), it may take time for your items to be listed on Amazon.
For more information about conditions, see Describe the Conditions.