Adding New Blocks
Custom blocks of content can be created, and then added to any page, group of pages, or even to another block. For example, you might place an image slider in a block, and then place the block on the home page. To learn how to add an existing block to a page, see: Add Content.
The Blocks workspace uses the same basic controls as the Pages workspace to help you find available blocks and perform routine maintenance.
To create a block:
On the Admin sidebar, tap Content. Then under Elements, choose Blocks.
In the upper-right corner, tap Add New Block. Then, do the following:
Block Detail Information
- By default the status of the new block is enabled. If you want to change the status, set Enable Block to “No.”
- Assign a Block Title for internal reference.
- Assign a unique Identifier for the block. Use all lowercase characters, with underscores instead of spaces.
- Select each Store View where the block is to be available.
If you are using Page Builder, drag the content types that you need to the stage.
Then, follow the instructions for each content type.
- Layout (Row, Column, Tabs)
- Elements (Text, Heading, Buttons, Divider, HTML Code)
- Media (Image, Video, Banner, Slider, Map)
- Add Content (Block, Dynamic Block, Products)
Page Builder Stage
If your Magento installation does not have Page Builder enabled, do the following:
- Use the editor to format text, create links and tables, images, video, and audio.
- If you prefer to work with the HTML code, tap Show / Hide Editor.
When complete, tap Save & Close.
The new block appears at the bottom of the list in the Blocks grid.
Save & Close
|Save||Save the current block, and continue working.|
|Save & New||Save and close the current block, and begin a new block.|
|Save & Duplicate||Save and close the current block, and open a new duplicate copy.|
|Save & Close||Save and close the current block, and return to the Blocks grid.|