Adding Products to a Shared Catalog
The following requirements must be met for a complex productA product that requires the customer to choose from a selection of options. — such as bundle, grouped, or configurable — to be visible from the storefront in a shared catalog:
- All associated products and options must be assigned to the same shared catalog, and be enabled in the master catalog.
- For configurable and grouped products, only the enabled associated products are visible.
- For a bundle product, all options must be included in the shared catalog.
Select Products for Catalog
On the Admin sidebar, tap Catalog. Then, choose Products.
Find the product in the grid, and open in Edit mode.
Scroll down, and expand the Product in Shared Catalogs section. Then, do the following:
Mark the checkbox of each shared catalog where the product is to appear. To choose all catalogs, click Select all
The name of each selected catalog appears in the Shared Catalogs field.
Product in Shared Catalogs
Tap Done to save the settings.
Shared Catalog Field
When complete, tap Save.
On the Admin sidebar, tap Catalog. Then, choose Shared Catalogs.
Find the shared catalog in the grid. Then in the Action column, select Set Pricing and Structure.
In the category tree, do any of the following:
- To include all products, click Select all, or mark the checkbox of the parent category.
- To include specific categories of products, mark the checkbox of each category that you want to include.
- To include or exclude an individual product, mark, or clear, the checkbox of product.
The notation below each category in the tree shows the number of products from the category that are currently included in the shared catalog. The notation below the root category shows the total number of products from all categories that are currently selected for the shared catalog.
To view category products in the grid, click the name of the category in the tree. When a category is selected, the following occurs:
- The toggle in the first column of the grid is set to the green “On” position for each selected product.
- If a product is assigned to multiple categories, and is deselected in one of them, it will continue to be available through the other categories, and also when using catalog search.
- The system automatically sets Category Permissions to “Allow” for the selected products.
A quick rating takes only 3 clicks. Add a comment to help us improve Magento even more.