Google Shopping ads provides detailed status and updates for your Google Merchant Center (GMC) products. After you complete onboarding and if your account status is not disapproved, products matching your attributeA characteristic or property of a product; anything that describes a product. Examples of product attributes include color, size, weight, and price. mapping begin syncing to your GMC account. Approved products display in ads depending on campaign settings.
Requirements for Products to show in Ads
You need to configure the following for campaigns to actively display ads on Google networks. If these settings are not completed, ads do not run regardless if campaigns are listed as active.
- Completed onboarding with a GMC and an Ads account
- Added a payment method to Google Ads and updated settings (see Account Settings)
Google Products Basics
Understanding the basics and best practices helps you get ahead with managing products:
- The integration supports all Magento product types excluding gift cards, grouped products, simple products with required options, and bundled products with dynamic pricing.
- Google has guidelines and policies to determine if a product is approved: Google product data specifications, Shopping Ads policies, and Adult-oriented content policies.
- Ensure your products prices and availability (in or out of stock) match between your online storefront and GMC account. The quantity can differ and does not affect approval. Google uses the Magento Regular Price and Special Price. See Google's Troubleshooter: Preemptive product disapproval (price and availability).
- Always check back on your Account and Product Errors to resolve issues. Magento performs some validation immediately, listing issues in the Product Errors. Google performs revolving checks on your product updates to complete reviews for corrected and added products.
- After onboarding completes, we check for product approval and account status with Google every 30 minutes. Google may require up to 10 days to review all products initially. All new products may take up to 72 hours for review and approval.
- Update product mapped attributes to your GMC account to further refine product information.
This is the prerelease version of Amazon Sales Channel. Content in this version is subject to change.
Account and Product Dashboard
When accessing Google Shopping ads, the dashboard provides a list of all linked GMC accounts and products. At a glance, learn more about your product status with Google. If you have disapprovals, click View details to review and resolve Product details.
Account and Product Information
The website URLUniform Resource Locator: The unique address of a page on the internet. targeted by the ad campaign. This identifies your storefront and product catalog.
Google Store Name
The name entered when creating your GMC account for your URL, associated to your Magento store. See Google's About your store name.
GMC Account ID
The unique ID generated by Google for your GMC account.
The current verification and claim status of your site URL. You must have a claimed and verified URL to receive account approval. See Google's Troubleshooting your URL verification and claim.
Claimed and Verified Google completed verification and claiming of the URL for this GMC account.
The URL is not claimed yet. The claim process may be in-progress.
The current status of your GMC account with Google. You must have an approved account to get your products approved and run ad campaigns.
Open and update campaign settings. Be advised, updating budgets and products in campaigns can start a two week relearning period.
Your GMC account is currently under review by Google. Ad campaigns do not run until the account is approved.
If your GMC account violates a policy or does not meet requirements, it is disapproved. All product reviews and ad campaigns are paused until the issues are resolved.
The current status of your products associated and mapped to your GMC account. Approved products meet Google product data specifications and Shopping Ads policies. If you sell products of an Adult-Only nature, you must also adhere to Google's Adult-oriented content policies.
All products matching the attribute mapping for the GMC account have been received, reviewed, and approved by Google. If your GMC account is approved and you have create campaigns, ads run for those associated products.
Some or all of the products for the GMC account do not meet the policies and data specifications. When reviewing disapprovals, we provide details on the issues to resolve and get another review.
Actions Click View details to review Account and Product details. If you have disapprovals or issues, the details pages provide information and links to update products and settings for Google reviews.