Magento for B2B Commerce, 2.2.x
Amazon Sales Channel: Best Practices and Limitations
Best practices include:
- Amazon Sales Channel is powerful and can affect your Amazon listings by increasing or decreasing prices, synchronizing product information (including available stock), and adding, updating, and ending (deleting) listings. You should review your listings by status during your setup and adjust your settings (listing settings, listing rules, pricing rules, overrides, etc) before completing your store setup. These settings can also be modified after setup, as needed.
- Amazon Sales Channel can set your pricing rules to automatically adjust your listing price. Automated pricing safeguards include the Floor Price and Optional Ceiling Price features of Intelligent repricing rules. Use of these safeguards helps ensure that your listing prices do not go below your cost or above a defined price.
- Data syncing between Amazon Sales Channel and Amazon is controlled by your Magento cron settings. Built-in throttling between Magento and Amazon help to ensure smooth and efficient data transmission, but during high eCommerce traffic times (such as Black Friday), Amazon’s systems may take longer than usual to update. It is recommended to set your Magento cron to run once every five minutes.
- Amazon Sales Channel imports your Amazon order information. To manage your Amazon orders in Amazon Sales Channel, you must ensure that your order settings are defined to import and create a corresponding Magento order for each Amazon order. If this is not defined, you will only be able to view your Amazon order information.
- All taxes for sales through Amazon are still managed and remitted via your Amazon Seller Central account. In some states, Amazon is required to automatically collect and remit taxes. For other states, sellers have the option of calculating taxes manually or automatically. See Amazon: Tax Policies. You may be required to log into your Amazon Seller Central account to view Amazon Tax Policy documentation.
- Bundle, gift card, and grouped product types that are part of your Magento catalog are not supported by Amazon Sales Channel for listing to Amazon.
- Amazon Sales Channel cannot create a listing for a product that does not have an existing or previous Amazon listing. If a product does not already exist in Amazon Seller Central with an ASIN, it must be added in Amazon Seller Central so that Amazon can assign the product an ASIN. Once a product is added in Amazon and a listing is created, the listing can be matched to your catalog in Amazon Sales Channel and synced.