Your store receives messages from Magento on a regular basis. The messages might refer to system updates, patches, new releases, scheduled maintenance or upcoming events, and are rated by importance. The bell icon in the header indicates the number of unread messages in your inbox.
Any message of critical importance appears in a pop-up window when you log into your store. The notice continues to appear after each login until the message is either marked as read, or removed.
Message of Critical Importance
The Notifications grid lists all messages ranked by severity, with the most recent at the top. The Action commands can be used to mark individual messages as read, view more detailed information, or to remove the message from the inbox.
The configuration determines how often the inbox is updated, and how the messages are delivered. If your store AdminThe password-protected back office of your store where orders, catalog, content, and configurations are managed. has a secure URL, notifications must be delivered over HTTPS.
Tap the Notification icon in the header, and read the summary. Then, do one of the following:
- If necessary, tap the message to display the full text.
- To delete the message, tap the delete icon to the right of the message.
- To display the Notifications grid, click See All.
For a message of critical importance, do one of the following:
- Click Read Details.
- To remove the popup, but keep the message active, tap Close.
Do one of the following:
- Tap the Notification icon in the header. Then in the footer of the summary, click See All.
- On the Admin sidebarThe right or left column of a two-column page layout., tap System. Then under Other Settings, choose Notifications.
In the Action column, do any of the following:
- For more information, tap Read Details. The linked page opens in a new window.
- To keep the message in your inbox, tap Mark As Read.
- To delete the message, tap Remove.
To apply an action to multiple messages, do one of the following:
- Mark the checkbox in the first column to select each message to be managed.
- To select multiple messages, set the Mass Actions control as needed.
Set the Actions control to one of the following:
- Mark as Read
Tap Submit to complete the process.
On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then under Settings, choose Configuration.
Scroll down, and in the panel on the left under Advanced, choose System.
Expand the Notifications section, and do the following:
If your store Admin runs over a secure URL, set Use HTTPS to Get Feed to “Yes.”
Set Update Frequency to determine how often your inbox is updated. The interval can be from one to twenty-four hours.
When complete, tap Save Config .
A quick rating takes only 3 clicks. Add a comment to help us improve Magento even more.