Magento Marketplace User Guide
Extensions with a clearly stated business value are easy for us to promote, and easy for customers to find.
- All extensions should address a business need by solving an issue or enhancing existing functionality.
- Any extension that does not serve a useful purpose will be rejected.
- Create an extension that addresses a specific business case or solves a common problem faced by Magento merchants.
- Take a survey to see what extensions are already available on Magento Marketplace.
- Differentiate your extension from other solutions. Be innovative, and do not copy ideas from other developers.
- Items listed on Magento Marketplace can be offered for free, or sold as commercial products.
- Items offered for sale on Magento Marketplace must reflect fair market value, and have a minimum price of $25. If the extension is also available for sale on your site, the prices must be the same.
- All purchases are paid for in US currency.
- Items sold on Magento Marketplace are subject to a revenue sharing fee that is paid by the developer.
- Create an extension that has broad appeal.
- Your extension might be rejected if it appeals to only a small number of merchants.
- We will do our best to put your extension in front of merchants, but we need your help!
- Be your own cheerleader.
- Create case studies that show the traction you have with merchants, and tell success stories of merchants who use your extension.
- Establish yourself as a strong partner. Work closely with the Marketplace team to help us highlight your work.
- If there is an apparent lack of interest in your extension, we will review any issues with you. If after a period of time the level of interest does not improve, the extension might be removed from Magento Marketplace.