Extension Quality Program
The Extension Quality Program is powered by Magento expertise, development guidelines, and verification tools to ensure that extensions have a logical and efficient coding structure, acceptable performance and scalability, and are compatible with the Magento core.
You can log in to your Marketplace account to check the status of your submission. If your submission does not pass our business, technical, or marketing reviews, we will tell you why, and how to fix it. Otherwise, your successful submissions will be listed on the Marketplace.
Submit a request to have your idea for a proposed extension evaluated by the Marketplace team.
The Marketplace team completes a business review of your proposed extension to ensure that it solves a business problem and delivers rich and unique functionality.
- If your proposal passes Business Review, go to the next step.
- If your proposal doesn’t pass review, correct the issue and resubmit your proposed extension.
When your proposal passes Business Review, the extension package and profile information can be completed, and uploaded for Technical Review.
The full profile becomes available only after an extension or theme passes the initial Business Review. The profile contains detailed information about the product, screenshots, and other content that is needed for the Marketplace listing.
During Technical Review, your extension code is scanned and validated.
- If your extension passes Technical Review, continue to the next step.
- If your extension doesn’t pass Technical Review, correct the problem and resubmit the revised package.
The Marketplace team completes a Manual QA review of your extension.
- If the extension passes Manual QA, continue to the next step.
- If your extension doesn’t pass Manual QA, correct the problem and resubmit the revised package.
When you believe that your extension and all related content is ready for publication, it is ready to submit for Marketing Review. The Marketplace team will examine the quality of your content, including the documentation and images, to make sure that it meet our marketing guidelines.
- If the extension passes Marketing Review, continue to the next step.
- If the extension doesn't pass Marketing Review, correct the problem, and resubmit the revised marketing data.
When your extension passes Business Review, Technical Review, Manual QA, and Marketing Review, it is approved and released for publication on Magento Marketplace.